Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Lonesome

How many homes do you have?

Let's see... I have my parents' home where I grew up.  I think of my college as a home.  And the farmhouse in Australia.  Haiti, for sure.  And there I had two homes.  And then there's the home of my friends in Michigan where I feel at real peace.  And my future-mother-in-law's home where I feel sweetly tucked in.  I even have my own room there.  And then there is my finance's couch that is a good place to curl up on on Sunday afternoons.  

And they are all far, far away from here.  And there's this home, too.  Even it has two different seasons of life in it and so I will count it as two.

And with each home there are people I love.  For the rest of my life, everywhere I will go I will always be missing someone. 

And I think that's OK.  I think that's part of the adventure.  I think that's one of the perks.  And I think that's one of the joys of heaven.

1 comment: