Monday, February 21, 2011

Hug Me

My love language is Physical Touch.  And I really need a hug today.  Not one of those little side ways ones.  I need a bear hug.  I need a hug that is strong and tight.  And a little too long.  I live in a culture that doesn't hug.  And even the American's I know aren't big huggers.  Sometimes I go days and days with any touch - and sometimes I go weeks without any real hugs.

So, this morning, I confessed to the Lord how much I "feel" like I need a hug.  And I'm waiting expectantly for Him.  I wonder what He is going to do.  On a day such as this, a little old lady was passing and started to trip so she grabbed my arm.  It was just the right touch.  But, maybe He will find other ways to fill me... to remind me of His love.

Even though it's not yet 9am, I've already been delighted 3 times.  And though not a one has been what I feel I "need", the Lord's hand is doing the blessing.

Maybe my unfulfilled need is so I will start paying better attention to the things I do have.

No comments:

Post a Comment