Saturday, February 12, 2011

It Happened Again

The wounds of years and years of being rejected by boys still sting sometime.  It's crazy how they get rubbed the wrong way and start stinging again.  So, let me get out the salve... the balm of truth.  And it will be the same truth that scars of loneliness, bitterness... well, it will be the same truth that offers healing.



Gen 1:1: In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.  God’s in charge.

Jer 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”  It might be uncomfortable, just like when the nurse puts medicine on the stings – but He knows what He’s doing.

Prov 3:5-6: Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.  Even when my emotions are telling me otherwise.

Phil 4:6: Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Have I stopped to pray yet?  Or am I too busy having a pity-party?

John 10:10: The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. This pity-party is hosted by Satan. 

Phil 4:8: Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.  So, how does my issue fit in with this scripture?  Ummm...

Phil 4:7: And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. I need to stop thinking about myself and think about God.

Isa 53:5: But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. He wants to heal you.  Look at what it cost Him.

Heb 12:2: Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.  Yah, that first part.  And the second part. 

1 Pet 5:7: Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.  Am I stirring my anxiety or am I casting it?

1 Cor 10:13: No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.  God has a way out!  God has a way out!  God has a way out!

Heb 11:1: Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.  What am I hoping for?  Really?  … that I will grow in Him and HE will be glorified.  In the end that’s what I really want.  

No comments:

Post a Comment